Saturday, September 15, 2012

to my best friend on her wedding day



If we haven't already established it, I am much better at writing than speaking. I've always been one to lay my heart down in written words inside a card, but can somewhat clam-up in person. This blog is mostly, almost always about my family, and Katie is my family, she's like a sister.

To my Katie on her wedding day...

This is just going to come out in no random order {partly because it's 5:00 a.m. and I still have to do my toenails}, but I have so many thoughts in my head about you and love and your big day, and what you mean to me.

I hope you know how completely HAPPY I am for you (like seriously could do the running man). You have waited for this and it's here, you found love.

In all of the craziness of today try to find moments to take in slowly, it goes fast.

On our journey of friendship we have been through so much.

When I think back to every single major adult moment in my life, you have been the one friend by my side.

Two different colleges...together. When I was engaged before I met Chris and it ended so badly, you physically held me and told me it was going to be okay. When I got back on my feet and started dating Chris you listened as I gushed about us. We gossiped on treadmills. You always were my wing woman going out and would do crazy things at my request. You traveled all the way to Jamaica to be at my side for my wedding day, you told me I looked beautiful and stood uncomfortably in 100 degree weather at the ceremony.  We joked that we were Lucy & Ethel always getting into something. You sipped on chocolate shakes with me at Red Robin when I told you I was pregnant with Lily {okay, I think you skipped the shake, but I was eating for 2}. You visited me when I was knocking on death's door at the  hospital and when Lily arrived you were one of the very few people I had visit her in the NICU. You helped my sister throw two amazing showers for me. And when I was pregnant with Liam you were one of the first people we told. Every major moment in my life up until this point has always included you - thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing my life with me. You have laughed as hard as me and wanted to cry sometimes for me, you never judged me and just accepted me. Oh Katie, you have been the most amazing friend a girl could ask for, and I know I pale in comparison.

We used to talk almost everyday on the phone and go out lots. Slowly as I have had kids, it's turned into emails, a phone call here or there, or a "we really need to get together, let me check Chris' crazy schedule". I love that with all the busyness my life has taken on in the last couple of years with little kids and a husband that works long, crazy hours, you understand and we can always pick-up exactly where we left off.

You are a rock, you were my rock for a lot of my twenties and I don't know what I would have done in a lot of situations without you. You are always the voice of reason and understanding, but your not a girl that's going to take any BS either, you have a great sense of humor and love to laugh and even though you put on a great facade of being polite and a little quiet sometimes, there is a spunky, charismatic side to you that we all love, and because it can be so unexpected, it makes it that much better.

And every girl standing up next to you today, I know, feels the same way about you, you are just an absolutely amazing person. I feel bad for people that don't have a Katie in their life.

I am so very happy for you that you have found true love and can start the next chapter of your lives together, which I know you are both anxious about. And I am so happy for Chris that he found you and obviously I love him because he realized how amazing you were and swept you off your feet (what a great guy!).

Chris'...well, they are just good guys, I am glad you found your Chris.

I can't wait to see you in a couple hours....

Today is your day - live it!!

xoxo
Shana

In my fantasies there would have been a totally awesome photo montage dating back to college, but I didn't have time (story of my life) ::smile::


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails