The room was super dark. And like most of the rooms in the house it was a shade of beige. She was sleeping in the fourth bedroom at the time (this bed in here is the extra mattress & bedding from her old room in our old house).
Here are some before pictures:
I decided on Hawaiian Shell. After I painted the walls, I thought it was very, very pink. Maybe too pink. But I knew once I painted all the woodwork white and brought in her stuff it would lighten up.
I sanded and painted all of the woodwork in the room with Behr Ultra Pure White satin finish (so we could wipe it clean. My dream home would have had all-white wood work throughout, but this house doesn't, so I had to paint.
It looked really bead after I took off the tape, so I went back in with a small paint brush to even it out (this took forever).
But the result looked pretty perfect.
Here are some progress pictures as we were working.
I couldn't believe how much brighter the room was once we painted the woodwork white and lightened up the walls.
We have since gotten white wood blinds for under the curtains, instead of a shade.
This was my favorite project in the room. I pinned the idea on pinterest a long time ago and knew I wanted to definitely use it in Lily's room someday.
I got some fabric squares from Jo-Ann and some cross-stitch hoops (that probably is not the technical term).
The trick is to make sure the fabric is pulled tight and the loop is as tight as can be.
Then just trim right to the edge.
With the big loops, I ironed out the fabric.
I laid them out on the floor first and figured out my pattern.
And then just hung them on the wall.
So there you have it...her room is done (except we still need to paint her door and change out her fan). We are slowly making progress.